Friday 4 May 2018

REVIEW ~ Lies by T.M. Logan


WHAT IF YOUR WHOLE LIFE WAS BASED ON LIES? 

Joe Lynch has just collected his little boy, William  from school and they're on their way home when his son spots his Mum's car  but Joe thinks that his son maybe seeing things until he looks and sees his wife enter an underground car park in the middle of the day, he's intrigued enough that he parks the car with  to follow her down.

But when he sees her in an angry altercation with family friend Ben, he naturally goes to her defense - and doesn't for a minute believe the accusations Ben makes against her. It's pure misfortune that, just as the clash becomes violent and Ben is knocked unconscious, Joe's son has an asthma attack, and Joe has to take him to safety. Joe starts to investigate as much as he can, why his wife was at the underground car park that day, searches throughout the house and his wife's mobile phone (when he can) to try to get some answers but will he get the ones he wants or will there be a shocking conclusion!??

Well, I really LOVED Lies, it was brilliant and to be honest I CANNOT believe that this is a debut novel, it was so well constructed and clever.  It's full of twists, turns but above all the lies!!  I borrowed this on audio through Borrowbox in my library and as I was listening it it felt like there was an onion in my car with all the layers been peeled back to reveal so many lies and I did have a few gasp moments too. I'm sure people thought I was mad if they saw me in traffic in the car with reactions like that.

I don't want to say anymore about this other than go and get a copy of this now, you won't be disappointed.  I'm really looking forward to reading 29 Seconds now which was published on the 25th January 2018.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Lies is available from all good bookshops, libraries and is available on Kindle and is currently £0.99 at the time of publication of this review.

No comments :

Post a Comment