Wednesday 11 November 2015

Alone in the Dark by Karen Rose


Thanks to LoveReading.co.uk & Headline Publishing, I received a copy of this for an honest review............

Homicide Detective Scarlett Bishop has seen enough bad guys slip through the cracks and too many innocent victims go unavenged to know that good doesn't always prevail. So far, she's been able to lock away her rage and her vigilante fantasies. That lock is about to break. A desperate hunt to find a young girl's killer is about to take a deadly turn.  Former army ranger Marcus O'Bannion is a fierce champion of victims' rights. His investigation into the murder of a seventeen year old Asian girl lures him and Scarlett down a dark, dark road and straight into the path of a dangerous, powerful underground ring that deals in human trafficking.  To stop them, Scarlett and Marcus have to be just as cunning and just as ruthless as those they are hunting.  But first they have to make it out alive.......

Alone in the Dark is the second book in the Cincinnati series, the first one been Closer Than You Think.  This can be read as a standalone novel and because I didn't read it I don't think that it really affected my reading of Alone in the Dark by not reading the first novel.  This is the first book by Karen Rose that I've read but unfortunately I couldn't get into it at all, it started off quite slow, it did build up but kind of dropped off again, it could've made a great thriller but I felt it was about 200 pages too long and I ended up skimming through most of the chapters and I put it down numerous times and went off to do other things but I don't want that in a book, I want to be hooked from the first few pages at least and keep me gripped right until the last page is turned but this book didn't do this.  As I said it was my first book I've read by Karen Rose but I would try her earlier books when she started writing first.  I'm sorry, I really tried to like it but it wasn't for me.

Alone in the Dark is available on Kindle and published in hardback and paperback on November 5th and is available in all good bookstores.

No comments :

Post a Comment