Tuesday 9 September 2014

The Doll's House by Louise Phillips




 Thirty-five years ago Adrian Hamilton drowned. At the time his death was deemed a tragic accident but the exact circumstances remain a mystery. His daughter Clodagh now visits a hypnotherapist in an attempt to come to terms with her past, and her father's death. As disturbing childhood memories are unleashed, memories of another tragedy begin to come to light. Meanwhile criminal psychologist Dr Kate Pearson is called to assist in a murder investigation after a body is found in a Dublin canal. And when Kate digs beneath the surface of the killing, she discovers a sinister connection to the Hamilton family. Time is running out for Clodagh and Kate. And the killer has already chosen his next victim . . .

 I really enjoyed this book, it's a real page turner & I couldn't wait to find out what was going to be on the following pages. As I said in my previous review of Red Ribbons, I am from Dublin, alot of the locations that were written into the book where very poignant for me and as I was reading The Doll's House I could still visualise myself standing in all of the scenes, from the Garda Station in Harcourt Street, walking along Kildare Street, Leeson Street bridge amongst other locations, even to standing at the side of the canal where the body was found. Louise's books seem to have that effect on me as I'm reading her books, an excellent read & I would highly recommend it. I was at Louise's book launch for Louise's third novel, Last Kiss on the 12th August and I can't wait to get started on Louise's third novel next.  Louise has also won Crime Fiction Book of the Year at the Bord Gáis Energy Irish Book Awards 2013 for The Doll's House.

If you love the likes of Criminal Minds, CSI & Profiler or if you're a fan of Sophie Hannah, Elizabeth Haynes or SJ Watson you will devour this book.

This book is available on Kindle & available from all good bookstores.

No comments :

Post a Comment