Saturday 20 September 2014

Last Kiss by Louise Phillips


In a quiet suburb, a woman desperately clings to her sanity as a shadowy presence moves objects around her home.

In a hotel room across the city, an art dealer with a dubious sexual past is found butchered, his body arranged to mimic the Hangman card from the Tarot deck. But what connects them?

When criminal psychologist Dr Kate Pearson is brought in to help investigate the murder, she finds herself plunged into a web of sexual power and evil which spreads from Dublin to Paris, and then to Rome.

Will Kate discover the identity of the killer before it's too late to protect the innocent? But what separates the innocent from the guilty when the sins of the past can never be forgotten?

This is Louise's third novel and it is just amazing, definitely her best one yet. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I couldn't wait to find out what was going to be on the following pages, I devoured it. As I said in my previous reviews of both Red Ribbons and The Doll's House, I am from Dublin, alot of the locations that were written into the book where very poignant for me and as I was reading all three of Louise's books, they seem to have had that effect on me, an excellent read & I would highly recommend that you go out and pick up all three of her books. I was at Louise's book launch for Louise's third novel, Last Kiss on the 12th August.


I knew that I was going on holiday for a week in September so I decided to keep this to read until then & I wasn't disappointed, I had it read in just two days and couldn't put it down, it was face paced and creepy in places especially when things were been placed and moved around the woman's house.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes psychological thrillers; it is a well crafted book that takes you on a thrilling journey, fully of twists and turns. It's prose is simple and the sort of novel you can happily cosy up on the sofa, once you have locked all the doors and windows and know you are going to be in for a cleverly crafted psychological thriller (you've been warned).

Last Kiss is available on Kindle & from all good bookstores.

No comments :

Post a Comment